To reach our goal of becoming a digital and 5-star international airline, Vietnam Airlines plans to launch a wide range of upgraded products and services in 2021.
1. Vietnam Airlines’ official new website will offer more functions, such as online-payment for special service charges; and online purchase of souvenirs, duty-free goods, and tour products, etc. at preferential prices;
2. Online check-in will be available via our website – www.vietnamairlines.com – for flights operated by SkyTeam member airlines;
3. Online procedures will be available at airports in Hue, Dalat, Can Tho, etc., as well as at major airports like Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat, and Danang. This should shorten check-in time at airports in some provinces and cities.
4. Vietnam Airlines’ App will offer new and specialized features, including medical declaration; Cash and Miles payments for Lotusmiles members; new payment gateways via ZaloPay, AirPay, etc.
5. Passengers will be able to drop their luggage at automatic check-in counters at Tan Son Nhat International Airport; and self-swipe their pass at the boarding gates at Noi Bai, Danang, and Tan Son Nhat Airports;
6. Passengers will be able to check in and receive their boarding passes at home and send their luggage to the airport in advance;
7. Passengers’ luggage can be delivered to their home after landing;
8. Through check-in for flights operated by Vietnam Airlines, Pacific Airlines, and VASCO will have better connections;
9. There will be more in-flight services with new and intriguing dishes; special menus for children and vegans; and traditional dishes such as square sticky rice cakes (banh chung) and sticky rice, and frozen meat in Business class during the Tet holidays;
10. We will customize our customer care, appreciation programs, and special events for individual passengers.